Babalwa Mneno cancels the Barbiliscious event as a precautionary measure to stay safe from the coronavirus epidemic!ctress
“Leadership in nightlife. Sorry guys there will be no Barbiliscious on Wednesday this week! Thank you BOA for takin’ such imperative measures in makin’ sure we all stay safe from the virus. Until further notice,” wrote Babalwa Mneno.
Babalwa Mneno’s announcement follows a statement issued by BOA Night Club in Sandton alerting its clients that it will close all its venues until further notice.
“Attention all clients, followers, and supporters of BOA. As a precautionary measure and in line with recommendations set forth by the department of health, we have taken the decision to close all of our venues until further notice,” reads the statement shared by Babalwa Mneno.
“Your health and safety, as well as the wellbeing of our staff, is of paramount importance to us. Stay safe and we look forward to opening our doors to you in the near future,” reads the statement issued by BOA night club.
According to various reports so far, 61 people have tested positive for COVID-19 in South Africa.
EWN reports that president Cyril Ramaphosa has on Sunday declared the coronavirus a state of disaster.
Cyril Ramaphosa was addressing the nation on the government’s plan to curb the spread of coronavirus in the country.
According to EWN president Cyril Ramaphosa said that gatherings of more than 100 people and major government events have been cancelled.
The publication reports that some of these events will include Human Rights Day events.
Cyril Ramaphosa also said schools would be cancelled from 18 March and will reopen after the Easter holidays.
Ramaphosa has also implemented travel bans with immediate effect.