Sho Madjozi about the whereabouts of Stormzy’s Own It Remix, where she was also featured, she had now exposed that Nigerian singer Burna Boy had asked for Stormyz’s team to take the song down “immediately” after she was nominated alongside him for BET Best International Act!fter fans have been asking singer
“For those asking where the #Ownitremix is after I got nominated alongside him for BET Best International Act, Burna boy asked Stormzy’s team to take down the song immediately,” wrote Sho Madjozi.
Sho Madjozi continued to say: “I could be wrong. Maybe he has other reasons. But the BET announcement was on June 15th and by June 17th I was getting complaints from fans saying they can’t find it. Either way spirits up.”
Burna Boy said that Own It was not his song, saying that if his voice is no it however it should have been properly cleared.
“Own It is NOT my song. If my voice is on it however it should have been properly cleared. If the remix wasn’t cleared with the label(Atlantic US)it automatically gets flagged. Nothing to do with me personally or any award. Always best to reach out professionally. Congrats on BET’s!” responded Burna Boy.
Sho Madjozi made a return and told Burna Boy that to believe what he was saying she would have to believe that:
- The song got automatically flagged a month late by coincidence.
- When they said YOU wanted it down they meant your label.
- A big international label would release a song without clearing it It’s a lot Burna. Let’s keep it ?.
There’s a screenshot currently circulating and it reads as follows: “Hi (name withheld), Apologies – I had been told that the A&R team would reach out to you. The team are trying to find out further information, but essentially Burna Boy had requested to have the remix taken down immediately.
“I’ve looped in (name withheld) who heads up our international A&R team, it would be great if we could look at a new version without Burna Boy on it to have in its place. We were really happy with how the remix was building, so it’s a huge shame to have had it pulled down at this stage. Thanks, (name withheld),” reads the screenshot, which is dated Jun 18 – see below.