FAMOUS for celebrity admissions, on Monday MGOSI.co.za takes a look at celebrities and well-known people that were either treated or died at Johannesburg’s Netcare Milpark Hospital situated in Parktown.
- On Sunday SABC sports veteran David Kekana died at the Milpark Hospital following an illness and it was also reported that David suffered a heart attack.
- Son of former President Jacob Zuma, Vusi also died from a short illness at the hospital in 2018.
- Struggle stalwart Winnie Madikizela Mandela also passed away at the hospital in 2018.
- ANC and IFP veteran and former minister Joe Matthews also succumbed to death at the hospital in 2010.
- Judge President of the Land Claims Court, Fikile Bam also died in 2011 at Milpark Hospital after suffering from cancer for many years.
- Actor Jonathan Rands, best known for his role as Percy Fitzpatrick in the 1992 feature film Jock of the Bushveld also died at the hospital in 2011.
- Former Chief Justice Pius Langa also died in Milpark Hospital in 2013.
- Isidingo Actress Ashley Callie also died at the establishment in 2008 following a car accident.
- Blade Runner Oscar Pistorius was also treated at the hospital after a serious boating accident in 2009.
- Former President Nelson Mandela was also treated at the hospital for acute respiratory infection in 2011.
- Lalla Hirayama was also treated at the Milpark Hospital in 2016 for exhaustion.
Is it time for our celebrities and other public persons to consider changing hospitals maybe? Milpark Private Hospital is famous for celebrity admissions and deaths.
Netcare Milpark Hospital’s level 1 trauma unit and burns centre are internationally renowned. The hospital was the first private facility in South Africa, and to date one of only two private hospitals, to receive this accreditation by the Trauma Society of South Africa.