ward-winning actor Zolisa Xaluva has allegedly illegally occupied a dead man’s Joburg posh house and is preventing his family from taking occupation, reports Sunday World.
According to the publication the family has reported the matter to the local community policing forum and has also applied for a court order to evict the flamboyant Zolisa Xaluva from Nasimith’s pad in Willowbrook Estate, Roodepoort.
The paper reports that the starling details are contained in the application submitted at the Joburg High Court for a court order to evict Zolisa Xaluva by Nico Andrew Theo Botha and Elizabeth Anne Gurovich, who are the executors of the deceased’s estate.
According to the application seen by the paper, Zolisa Xaluva signed a lease agreement with Jon Rosenberg Estates on June 1, 2018, to rent the property from the deceased’s family. Xaluva was expected to pay R9 500 excluding refuse, sewer, water, and electricity.
It is also reported that when the lease agreement ended on May 31 last year, the family refused to renew it because of Zolisa Xaluva, who has just joined the new Mzansi Magic drama series Gomora, had defaulted on his rent and was over R75 000 in arrears. Instead of vacating the property, he continued to occupy the house without paying.
The family legal representatives wrote a letter to Zolisa Xaluva on October 11 last year asking him to settle over R75 000 in arrears if he wanted to continue living in the house. The month-to-month lease agreement was canceled on October 28 and Zolisa was served with a notice by hand to vacate the property but, again, he refused.
The paper also reports that Zolisa Xaluva had previously said that the owners are ill-informed and that he’s not leaving the house.
“If the owners wish to engage me, I urge them to contact me or come over and see if they would continue to pay for such living conditions,” said the former Generations actor, as quoted by the paper.